Personal lOGO

Personal lOGO

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Why Sports Management is a lucrative career.


For this blog I wanted to share an article that I recently read entitled Why sports management is a lucrative career written by Abhijit Dabhade. This article in particular sheds light on the versatility of the Sports Management industry. Relatively new, the industry is quite interesting considering the various avenues for someone aspiring to have a career in Sports Management. In the article Dabhade discusses the different roles and career paths that can be taken in the Sports Management profession. He also discusses the skills that you can potentially posess having a career in the industry.

Dabhade lists some of the various careers or avenues as:
·      Sports Teams and League Management
·      Sports Sponsorship
·      Sport Operation Management
·      Sport Facility Management
·      Sport Hospitality
·      Sport Marketing
·      Sports Communications and PR
·      Sports Talent Management
·      Sports Media and Production
·      Sports Logistics
·      Sports Human Resource Management
·      Sports Tourism
·      Sports Legal Aid
·      Sports Psychology/Sociology

From these different avenues there is a lot that someone can learn and opens up multiple doors for growth. As a budding industry that continues to grow especially here in the US, the career path seems to be quite promising. Yet, as Dabhade discusses in his article it could also be quite difficult as well. As sports begin to become more lucrative, the athletes are paid well but that mean those holding positions in a font office could benefit financially as well.

I found this article quite intriguing because it reminds me a lot of my situation. Over time, I have changed my mind when trying to decipher, which Sports career path to take? I sometimes question exactly which role or which avenue in the industry would be best for me.  I see this as a good problem to have because I believe I have tremendous experience to go along with a skillset that could fit in multiple Sports Management career paths. My hopes are that by the end of this Degree program, I will have the knowledge of understanding where I could best implement my skills to begin a successful career in Sports.

1 comment:

  1. As an avid sports fan this blog intrigued me. When most people think of sports they think of the athletes, coaches, and owners. It's very insight to see a list of other careers within in the sports industry. I would love to take on the career of a sports marketer or working in sports media and production. When you say "I sometimes question exactly which role or which avenue in the industry would be best for me." I can relate, because I find myself asking that same question all the time.

    ReplyDelete